The aim of the project was to create a hashtag #swazilandrocks and create content for 4 days in Swaziland while experiencing some of the top attractions/activities the country has to offer.
We also trained our clients on the practical uses of Social Media and advised on creative ideas on how to use the #swazilandrocks hashtag to encourage others to engage and create content for them to share.
As the hashtag we chose was quite generic we also hoped not only tourists but locals could use it in the future.
This campaign was planned with the fact that Swaziland is introducing a 4G network and more and more locals are using smartphones.
We spent Day 1 visiting the magical Mlwane Nature Reserve enjoying a relaxing hike to visit the local hippos, a horseback safari and just hanging out with the wildlife at the rest camp.
This was followed by a party Swazi style at the famous House On Fire enjoying some local hip hop music.
We started with an early morning quad bike adventure through some local villages. We also visited Manzini Swaziland biggest city and Mbabane the capital traveling via the famous Swazi candle factory and curio markets in Manzini.
This was our biggest adventure day with a white water rafting, white water tubing, and abseiling combo.
We conducted a Social Media training workshop for our clients Swazi Travel, Swazi Trails and Big Game Parks followed by a head-clearing hike to the top of the steepest rock in the world The Rock of Siebe and we finished off our trip with a relaxing soak in the natural hot springs aptly known as the cuddle puddle with a few beers and pizza.
The Promotion We Provided For Our Client Through Our Network.
- Professional Email Newsletter to 10,000 travel industry professionals.
- Creation and promotion of #swazilandrocks hashtag.
- Daily Facebook status updates which created engagement and interaction from our followers.
- Facebook Picture Albums, likes and comments.
- Daily Tweets, ReTweeted by The National DMO, other travel organizations and bloggers.
- LinkedIn updates.
- Daily Instagram Pictures with 100’s of Likes.
- Foursquare Check-ins and tips.
- Training on the Practical uses of Social Media for all sponsors.
Please check out our Facebook page.
Swazi Trails https://www.facebook.com/swazi.trails
Big Game Parks https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Game-Parks-Swaziland/